Accident Investigation and Claims Defence
What we can offer
Our accident investigation and expert witness work in some of the most demanding employment situations means we are comfortable with any incident investigation regardless of scale or severity ensures our clients are provided with the maximum benefits of the investigation process.
In any significant incident, whether there are injuries, dangerous occurrences, infrastructure damage or near miss we can:
- Investigate promptly to the standards laid down in HSG245.
- Provide a report outlining the immediate, underlying and root cause of the accident.
- Advise on lessons to be learnt and use them to challenge risk assessments and management system.
- Advise on dealing with or liaise with enforcing authorities on your behalf including submission of documentation.
- On a wider remit undertake a claims defence audit which considers internal accident investigation, statistics and accident reporting, policy, monitoring, record keeping, risk assessments, training, occupational health, industrial relations and absence management.
How you will benefit
Our Accident Investigations
- Provide analysis from an external viewpoint.
- Have previously deterred further HSE action.
- Provide an indication of the extent to which the relevant legislation was complied with.
- Clarify the reporting requirements under RIDDOR.
- Indicate improvements to your H&S documentation and management system.
- Help with claims management.
- Provide mitigation in prosecutions.